Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform–a kind of air traffic control for unmanned aircraft–to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Wing is seeking a UAS Flight Standards and Compliance (FSC) based in Mountain View, CA. As the Flight Standards and Compliance, you will be responsible for the delivery and maintenance of Flight standards/compliance with aviation regulations across our business operations. As a member of the Wing Training Team, the FSC will be responsible for the onboarding and training of new vendors around standards and compliance and in operating our Wing Aircraft delivery system.
In this role, the FSC will create new and maintain ongoing standards/compliance documentation, and training material as well as, conduct ongoing audits of remote pilots to ensure Wing maintains a gold standard of safety and excellence at all times. This role will work closely with training functions to provide compliance and standards with a focus on quality across all business operations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with training functions to help develop training content and syllabus with a focus on standards and compliance for flight instructions.
- Review, Develop and Maintain general standards and compliance documentation for Flight operations, Flight manuals and/or Maintenance Manuals.
- Conduct Audit of Flight Operations personnel across the network.
- Maintain flight records and qualifications of vendors’ ratings and approvals.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 3 years experience in recent Flight standards and compliance and experience in UAS flight instruction
- Demonstrated experience in the development of flight manuals, training packages and operational procedures for UAS operations.
- RPA (UAS) Qualified (as defined by the respective national regulator).
- Experience with hazard and risk assessments and mitigation.
- Must be able to travel as necessary.
- Remote Pilot Qualified (MALE/HALE UAS).
- Private/Commercial Pilot License
- Previous flight instruction and training in UAS.
- Passion for unmanned aircraft
- Experience working in a growth oriented startup culture
- Driven self starter and problem solver
At X, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: [email protected].
Apply here https://x.company/careers-at-x/4127106002/